Another banana bread. You must think I’m crazy.
My love for banana bread comes from my mum. She’s made this for as long as I can remember. I love her recipe, but I really like finding others and trying them out. It probably helps that I have some wheat flour I’m trying to use and there are a million whole wheat flour banana bread recipes out there.
This one I slightly adapted from Cookie+Kate. I basically just added more cinnamon in order to bring out the flavor – and scent – a little more. This bread made my house smell so delicious with the mix of banana and cinnamon. Even if you don’t like bread, I’d still make it!
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, plus cinnamon to swirl on top
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease loaf pan. I use small loafs pans in order to make several small versions of this recipe, but a larger one works just as well.
- In a large bowl beat the oil and honey together. Once combined, add the eggs and beat well.
- Mix in the bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the flour just until the mixture has combined.
- Add baking soda to the hot water. Pour water into the mixture and briefly combine.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan(s) evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and swirl with a toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Be sure to stick a knife in the middle to make sure the bread is cooked. The knife should come out clean. Place the bread on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!