Even though I like to bake, sometimes I want to just throw something together and not have to think about how it’s doing in the oven. I’m a true believer that you should a variety of recipes ready to go at all times because you never know when you’ll need it. Thankfully I had this recipe available when I’d left the house with my grocery list that was meant for dinner but not dessert. This peanut butter pie is delicious and can be thrown together before dinner so you can focus on the rest.
- 1 1/4 graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. The oven is used briefly for the crust.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter. If you purchased graham crackers and are making the crumbs yourself, the easiest way I found was to put them in a bowl and use the end of the spatula (the opposite end you would normally use) to crush the crackers into crumbs.
- Press the crumbs in the bottom of your pie dish. Place in the oven for five minutes. The crust should brown slightly. Take out and set aside to let cool.
- Pour the cream into a bowl or stand mixer. With the whisk tool, whisk on high until the cream becomes slightly stiff – it will look much thicker than when you poured it in. Once at desired consistency, transfer to another bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment and a clean bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix until blended and smooth.
- Fold this mixture into the whipped cream bowl until completely mixed. Once combined, pour into the cooled crust.
- Place the pie in the freezer. I made my dinner while the pie was in the freezer – approximately one hour. If you’re going to leave the pie in the freezer, I would cover it.
- Remove the pie from the freezer approximately 15 minutes prior to serving. Immediately before serving, sprinkle chocolate chips on the top.