Lately I’ve really been into making my own sauces.
Well…I’ve gotten it into my head that I should try to make my own sauces, which leads me to be into making my own sauces.
This sauce is really light and very easy to make. If you’re trying to make a sauce for the first time, I highly recommend it!
My inspiration came from Back to Her Roots and I only changed it slightly. I also finally made it to Freshfields Farm in Jacksonville which is officially my new favorite place to buy fresh food. If you haven’t been then you really need to check it out!
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Red Pepper Flakes – to taste
- 12 – 15 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Now make it!
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper until sizzling and the garlic is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and heat until the tomatoes have lost their shape. Add the parsley, basil, vinegar, and sugar. Stir.
- Toss it in a food processor and then toss in a pasta of your choice!