I’ve been eating relatively healthy lately. I’ve been trying to take bread and dairy out of my diet since I was always eating pasta, cheese, and bread. This is a way for me to increase my fruit and veggies which is weird because I used to basically only eat fruit and veggies. College ultimately made me rely on on carbs even more than I was.
Either way I had a bunch of junk food in the pantry that I was hesitant to toss. I decided to throw it all into a mix to make one big cookie blondie.
What I had in my pantry, which in the recipe will call for “whatever leftover fun stuff you have”: peanut butter patties (not the equivalent of tagalongs no matter what anyone tells you), chips ahoy, and Oreos.
These blondies are delicious and every bite is different because it’s random!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Whatever leftover fun stuff you have!
- M&M’s – assuming you have them if you want them for the top.
What you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix the melted butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix flour, but only until combined. You don’t want to over-mix.
- Fold in your fun leftovers.
- Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes and enjoy!