I haven’t baked in awhile. It’s been noticed by people. Kind of to the extent to where a bucket was put out for baking donations.
So this weekend I wasn’t entirely certain what I would want to make. Instead I focused on a ton of other things. We were able to check out Fitzgerald’s in Charlotte for a review on CLT Foodies. The food was teriffic. Plus I love an opportunity to find new food fun in Charlotte.
Which was even better when we hit up Vivace in Charlotte for a birthday dinner! Sadly I didn’t take any pictures of that dinner. In between lunch and dinner we chilled. Aka I read a book, laid in the hammock, and took a nap. Basically a perfect day.
We also celebrated the weekend with Fate of the Furious and Waffle House. Oh, and I planted some flowers. Well, the boyfriend planted the flowers. I pulled weeds. Team effort!
Here’s what you need:
2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup butter (softened)
3 eggs (whisked)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup peanut butter M&M’s (chopped)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
8 Reese’s cups (regular size)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the baking powder and salt with the flour.
- Pour into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Grease a 13×9 pan
- Press 1/2 the dough into the pan with flour on your hands.
- Cut the reeses into small pieces and lay them on top of the dough.
- Place the remaining cookie dough on top of the reeses. I added extra m&ms on top!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. (I did 35 minutes) The dough should be soft in the center.